A very simple procedure to avoid Video Ads is to modify the (famous) HOSTS file letting your operating system to resolve the domain 2mdn.net with ip 127.0.0.1 (your own system) actually blocking downloads of pages, code and videos from the ads system. I prefer this procedure than many others you can find on internet because it’s not necessary to install anything on you computer.
How to do it (I assume you have a Windows machine, if not, find the HOSTS file on your system):
- Start Menu -> Accessories -> right click on “Command prompt” -> click on “Run as administrator“. A black window will open. If you have a Windows XP pc, simply open a commad prompt window;
- cut and paste in the command window this string “notepad c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts” (then press “enter” key);
- notepad will open, then put those lines at the end of file
(without quotes) You should see something like the picture;
- close notepad saving the file;
- in the command window run this command ipconfig /flushdns (“enter“!) to flush DNS cache of your PC;
- close the command window.
Try to navigate Youtube, now you shouldn’t see any Video ADS before your preferred videos.
NOTE: Thank you to Lorenz for troubleshooting and comments.